KitchenAid is one of the more established and well-known brands when it comes to countertop mixers. Having been in business for almost 100 years, you can certainly be assured of the quality and the expert craftsmanship that comes along with every KitchenAid product. Just to prove this point, each unit is still manufactured by hand in their assembly factory in Greenville, Ohio. Wow! The level of commitment alone in creating each part is amazing.
Enter the KitchenAid 700-watt 12-cup food processor – a giant in the field of food processing by any means, having a 12-cup capacity and a 700-watt motor that will shame rival food processors. Just the power of this thing to cut through your produce will entice you to buy this thing. But that’s not all. The amazing thing with the KitchenAid 700 is its ability to function quietly even with all the power it brings. Some even say it’s quieter than your regular blender! Now, you gotta hear that to believe that, eh?
Amazingly, this product costs only $177.99 and unlike some food processors wherein you’ll have to buy the accessories separately, KitchenAid 700 already includes 7 (yes, you read that right. Seven!) accessory pieces, including shredding and slicing discs, and a dough blade! Ooh, wow! This is getting better by the minute. What else can you look forward to purchasing this beauty?
Well, as with most standard food processor, KitchenAid 700 is dishwasher-safe, with the base easily cleaned by wiping with a clean cloth. Unlike other food processors though, KitchenAid 700 have dual feed tubes allowing you to process 2 different types of products in one go! And unlike most food processors, it doesn’t jerk and slide along your countertop as it processes the food. Stable yet powerful, that’s a hard quality to find in a food processor these days. But probably its biggest advantage comes in the perfect regulation of its speed and pulse control. The blades stop exactly when you want and do not over crush or slice your food. The perfect dish served exactly the way you want!
So in summation, what do you get in the entire package?
- The unit plus a 12-cup work bowl and multipurpose stainless steel blade
- A durable sealed housing that prevents accidental spillage and provides a sound barrier for quiet operation
- Dual feed tubes plus a 4-cup mini bowl with blade
- A 2-mm slicing disc, a 4-mm slicing disc, and a 4-mm shredding disc
- A dough blade and a spatula
- A storage case that helps protect and keep all the accessories organized
- 1-year replacement warranty
And opposite of that, what do you get if you forego this purchase and opt to continue with the old-fashioned method of knife and cutting board?
- Long prep time for cooking plus tired fingers and hands
- Headache and probably a complaining husband asking when you will be finished cooking your dinner
- A 2 mm cut on your pinkie, a 4 mm cut on your forefinger, and a shredded ego as your grandmother (who already bought the KitchenAid 700) boasts how she can finish her cooking in half the time that it takes you to tell your husband: just 15 minutes more, dear.
- A lifetime of kitchen pain
4.Cuisinart DLC-10SY Pro Classic 7-Cup Food Processor
The Cuisinart DLC-10SY Pro Classic 7-cup food processor is quite probably one of the best food processors out there today. With its neat design and powerful motor, it is able to accomplish a variety of food processing tasks. From mashing potatoes to mixing dough to slicing and dicing onions and vegetables, Cuisinart DLC-10SY Pro Classic does the job as good as or sometimes even better than an expert chef would. With this nifty little machine, you can forget about trying any other food processor out there. It’s simply just one of the best you’ll ever use.
the DLC-10SY Pro Classic is top of the line in quality per cost ratio. Compared to some processors which cost double the DLC-10SY Pro Classic, the Cuisinart 7-cup food processor does all of the jobs other processors can do, and more! Being 7-cup, it has a bit of a larger capacity than most food processors, allowing you to fit in more compared with other food processors out there. And because the DLC-10SY Pro Classic is dishwasher safe, you’ll never have trouble in washing and aftercare duties.
The DLC-10SY Pro Classic is equipped with 4 accessories that allow you to dice, chop, slice, and shred. It also allows you to blend fruit juices, smoothies, and other types of mixed beverages. The DLC-10SY Pro Classic is also equipped with a feed tube that is large enough to fit a whole potato in. When the feed tube isn’t in use, you can cover the processor with a compact cover that comes along with the unit. Truly, this machine is an instant classic.
You can choose to buy this machine for yourself or give it as a perfect gift to a friend or a loved one. Once you start using it, you’ll wonder how you could ever have gone without it for so long. It’s just such a treat using this wonderful food-processing machine. It makes all your cooking jobs easier and helps you finish in half the time it would’ve taken if you’d gone and done it in the old-fashioned method of knife and chopping board. There’s simply no excuse not to buy this machine. Especially since Amazon is also offering free shipping if you buy this with Super Saver Shipping.
You’d also be thrilled to find out that included in the package free of charge are the following items:
- 1 custom-contoured spatula
- 1 50-page recipe booklet (perfect for those of you who like to try new dishes!)
- 1 30-minute instructional video (teaching you how to use and take care of the unit properly)
Other features of the DLC-10SY Pro Classic 7-cup food processor:
- The bowls are heat-resistant, cold-resistant, and shatterproof.
- The blades are made of stainless steel assuring durability and extra sharpness.
- Comes with a 5-year warranty on the motor and a limited 3-year warranty on the entire unit.
5.Cuisinart DLC-2009CHB Prep 9
Cuisinart has always been a brand known for food processing. In fact, it is so well-known that people sometimes interchangeably use Cuisinart instead of saying the food processor. Can I borrow your Cuisinart? I made this wonderful puree with my Cuisinart. Hi, my Cuisinart is made of gold and it routinely produces heavenly cuisine. I heart Cuisinart.
I just rode my Cuisinart for 12 miles and it never cost me gas! (Okay, that last one is arguably just made up)
With all that said, the DLC-2009CHB Prep 9 9-cup food processor certainly has a lot of expectations to live up to (and with that name, it better be something special) – so let’s not get ahead of ourselves and check it out, shall we?
- A large 9-cup work bowl which is larger than the average work bowl of the competition – check!
- A feed tube large enough to fit most fruits and vegetables in so that you don’t have to interrupt food processing just to remove the cover and pop that pesky produce in – check!
- Stainless-steel slicing and shredding disc, chopping and mixing blade, a dough blade – check!
- A spatula, a recipe and instruction book, plus a how-to DVD that most people would be able to understand even if they’ve had lobotomy; plus parts which are dishwasher safe and a snap to clean – check!
- A 3-year limited warranty that is standard on most units such as these – check!
- A dancing bear, a magnificent gown, and a loving husband – check… back in a couple of hundred years.
- Hmm, wow! Those features are certainly enticing but let’s check what the downsides are for this machine that has a name that sounds like NASA built it.
- At $134.99 it is a bit pricey than most food processors (but is certainly cheaper than some of the units that NASA built)
- Being 9-cup large, the unit is a bit bulkier than some food processors and will likely need a larger space in your countertops or shelves (but we know there are some cups that we prefer to be larger, don’t we?)
- It doesn’t come with a dancing bear, a magnificent gown, and a loving husband – yet.
Some units offer more than 3 years warranty (but who needs a warranty when this baby is built to withstand the rigors of space eh? It isn’t called DLC-2009CHB Prep 9 for anything. Hey Spock, hand me my DLC-2009CHB Prep 9 so I can blast that heathen into oblivion! What? You’re making a puree with it? Well hand me that puree and let me have some of that juicy goodness that only a DLC-2009CHB Prep 9 can give)
So in summation, here’s what you’re missing if you don’t buy this whatchamacallit Prep 9:
- A food processor that’s powerful enough to blast aliens into oblivion.
- A food processor with a feed tube large enough that the space crew probably thought was the feed tube for the ship’s missiles.
- And the most precious of all things? A how-to DVD that even Paris Hilton can understand. You gotta buy this thing just for this feature!